Sunday, October 9, 2011

Week 5 Steelers Pregame



After a hard fought win in Indianapolis, the Steelers offense was downright offensive, pun intended. They were horrible, and the questions on the offensive line are only growing. Injuries have decimated the line and the injury list continues to grow as James Harrison and Casey Hampton, among others, will sit this week's game out against Tennessee. Almost everyone is picking the Steelers to win this one, but even I'm not as sure as I normally am.


What I'll be looking for this week:
  • Ben Roethlisberger to have a big game - I know he's been running for his life, but Ben hasn't played particularly well all season. I don't blame him for any losses, but if he starts playing like we know he's capable of, this team will be one of the best with or without a line.
  • Fill-ins to step-up - I really feel like Max Starks will have a good game. He loves Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh loves him, and him and Ben are great friends. Plus he's playing to keep the job all year. All the motivation he needs to play well is there. Also I like Lawrence Timmons on the outside filling in for James Harrison while we have a very reliable backup in Larry Foote manning the middle. The defensive line concerns me, but overall I think it should be a better week than some in Pittsburgh expect.
  • Not much else - It's hard to believe after last week's game that there isn't much I want to see, but there really can't be. The team is moving pieces all over, and it's hard to preview this week, based on last week when the team looked quite a bit different personnel wise. I'm just looking forward to seeing what kind of toughness these players display and hopefully they'll walk away with a win that makes you feel good to put the fans at ease.

Prediction:
  • Steelers 23, Titans 17

Articles:

Audio:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog