Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 10 College Football Roundup: Pitt's BCS Hopes All But Done, WVU's on Life Support, PSU's Mind Off of Football



Cincinnati 26, PITT 23
- Just when Pitt shows us that they may have turned the corner, they again let everyone down. This is a game Pitt absolutely should have won and they do deserve some credit for hanging around with a team that most believed far better than them, and without several key players. Still, there is no excuse for losing another pivotal game that seemed to be heavily in Pitt's favor as late as the third quarter.

- I thought Tino Sunseri looked pretty good again and, to be perfectly honest, I feel pretty good about him being the quarterback next season. I know I gave the guy a lot of slack at the beginning of the season, and I still feel that had anyone else been given a chance Pitt's season may be better off than it is now, but he's learned how to run the fast-paced offense, and he can be extremely productive when he tucks the ball and goes. If he can learn how to throw the deep ball, he really could be the best quarterback in the Big East next season.

- If you are a diehard Pitt fan (and I know there aren't a ton left out there, even though some will claim to be if the program rises to prominence again), it may be worse to see Pitt win out this season knowing that they could have been Big East champions with this win. Do I think they will win out? Yes I do. But right now the biggest thing is getting two more wins just so we can see a bowl game even if it is another cheesy meaningless one. I don't like to settle, but I'll take what I can with the cards I've been dealt.

Louisville 38, West Virginia 35
- West Virginia is still the most talented team in the Big East conference, but they've put themselves in a hole that is growing deeper by the week. How they've gotten to this position, I do not know. They've learned how to run, but forgot how to play defense. They can still salvage the season with a little help, but it's not looking good.

Central Connecticut State 31, Robert Morris 24














-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog